I’m a huge foodie, I love to cook and try new things…. I’ve had Quinoa sitting in my cupboard for ages now and never really knew how or what to cook with it, but then I found these recipes….!
( Click on the links below to find out how to make these quick, tasty, easy meals…..)
Just add Chicken, Smoked Salmon or Salmon if your a meat eater like myself….
7 Reasons why to eat Quinoa
1. High in protein — its protein balance is similar to milk and has more protein compared to rice, millet or wheat.
2. A good source of riboflavin — riboflavin helps reduce the frequency attacks in migraine sufferers by improving the energy metabolism within the brain and muscle cells.
3. The saponins from quinoa are used to promote healing of skin injuries in South America, making it a good antiseptic.
4. It’s alkaline-forming. Although it is not strongly alkaline-forming, it is comparable to wild rice, amaranth, and sprouted grains.
5. It only has 172 calories per ¼ cup dry quinoa.
6. Since it is not related to wheat or grain, it’s gluten-free. Millions are discovering they feel better and lose weight when they reduce gluten grains or at least wheat products.
7. It is a complex carbohydrate with low glycemic index. This is again good for weight management. I use it in a number of my health Boot Camps.